Shelli Thompson's blog is dedicated to assisting others find their way to a healthy life style.

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Why I do what I do

Did you know that all of our states have an "obesity bill"?
What does that mean for you?

Being over weight can be costly, not only do you need to maintain that extra weight with food, but also in medical care and disease.

Being over weight costs the United States over 90 BILLION per year.

The state of New York has an "obestiy bill" of 3.5 BILLION alone, what is your states "obesity bill"?

The amount of the "obesity bill" varies from state to state, the amount is taken from taxes and Insurance. So are you wondering about your medical insurance premiums? Mine just went up $3.00 and now I am at more that $350.00 per month, and I am one of the healthy ones.

You pay the same for a seat on an airplane as someone that is Obese. The only problem is that the obese person sitting next to you has "spilled" into your seat, minimizing your own space and now your arm rest has disappeared. You get no discount for that loss of space and the obese person doesn't need to pay any more for their seat because that would be discrimination against them. What about the discrimination against the fit person loosing space to the obese?

So why do I do what I do?

I spent 25 years being educated, trained & certified. I paid for that in blood, sweat, tears and cold hard cash.

Yet, I am willing to give away any and all of the information that I have paid for because I am motivated to help people improve their fitness levels.

We all should be motivated.

Everyone pays for obesity in many different ways. The child that has a parent that is obese and has medical issues is not going to have the same lifestyle as a child that has fit parents.

We pay in medical costs, insurance premiums and taxes.

We all set an example, as a parent that is obese what is the message you are sending to your child?

for more information about health and how to get healthy visit the rest of my blog at:
http://www.healthpulse-shelli@blogspot.com

To find out more about us and what we are doing visit
http://www.shellithompson@blogspot.com/onthepathtoa7figureincome

In my next blog, we will get back to some weight training tips.

Until Next time,

Take Really good Care of yourself

Only you can decide to stop the cylce.

No comments:

Post a Comment